Friday, January 6, 2012

Snow and Stash Yarn

Winter has finally arrived after lots of false starts. Here is Ginny in the snow, in anticipation of a treat.....
For my New Year's resolution for 2012, I have decided to set myself the goal of only knitting with stash yarn and ONLY buying yarn to finish a mainly stash project. Here is an old picture of my stash (before I was a spinner and before my stash began to multiply exponentially).


I foresee lots of fair isle projects with yarns of similar but not EXACT weight. I expect fiber content will vary too. One of the most liberating things I ever found to be true was Kaffe Fasett's statement about how he "mixed and matched color and fiber content with complete disregard for uniformity". Hooray for individuality and the hand made!!!

On a house keeping note... I still have every single sweater I ever knitted. Instead of saving them for who knows what I have felted this one, cut it into pieces and sewn them together with the sewing machine to make... a lap top cover. This yarn is the Irish yarn "Kilcarra" Aran Tweed by Donegal Yarns and it felted beautifully.















I think I need to plan a trip to Ireland to get more....

I have further plans for other sweaters, which I will share in the next post.....

No comments:

Post a Comment